Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fortnight

My Freshman year at Trevecca, my dorm held an event called "Fort Night," a competition between the four floors of the dorm in which each dorm had to build a fort with minimal supplies and time. I wasn't sure that a good enough fort could be built with our limited resources, but we gave it our best effort anyway. We didn't win the competition, but we had fun and bonded as a floor. And really, that's all that matters.

With only 14 days left stateside, it is hard not to look back on how I got to this point. It is difficult to not reminisce or get nostalgic about the last three years here at Trevecca. In a lot of ways, this trip is a culmination of who we have become here at Trevecca. Three years ago as a Senior graduating from high school, I am pretty confident in saying that I would never have gone on this trip, but God has done some amazing things in my life since then and I am really excited to be a part of this experience.

Honestly, we don't really know what we are getting ourselves into: we might not have everything we need and we may not have enough time to get ready, but we all have the same desire to see how God is working in Bulgaria and how we can be a part of that. That's why we are going, and hopefully, through this blog, you will be able to see how God is working through us and changing us.

God be with you,
Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment